No-Bake Key Lime Pie
This easy no-bake key lime pie is cool, creamy and absolutely refreshing.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8-10
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups (250g) honey graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp (90ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whipping cream
- 1–8oz block cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp (40g) granulated sugar
- 1–10oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) key lime or lime juice (about 14 key limes or 2 limes)
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- Mix together the cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into a 9″ pie plate. Chill in the freezer while preparing the filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Using the same mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Mix in the condensed milk, key lime juice and lime zest. Add in the whipped cream and mix again until smooth.
- Pour over prepared crust and smooth the surface. Chill uncovered in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or best to let it set overnight.
- Garnish with some more whipped cream and key lime slices if desired.
- Make sure you press the honey graham cracker crumbs as firmly as possible onto the pie plate. If you don’t press it firmly, it will crumble and fall apart when you slice and serve.
- Choose limes/key limes that give a little when you squeeze them to make sure they are juicy.
- Only grate the green part of the lime. Don’t grate all the way down to the pith (the white part) which can be bitter.
- Key lime pie is best served chilled (more refreshing and tastier).
- You can make this recipe from 6 hours to 2 days in advance. Cover after the next day.
Leftovers can be covered up and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: key lime pie recipe, easy key lime pie, no-bake key lime pie