This no-bake dessert is made up of a creamy layer of vanilla custard-flavored cheesecake sandwiched between a chocolaty coconut cookie crumb base, and semi-sweet chocolate ganache.
- 1 cup (95g) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (45g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (35g) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (75g) melted unsalted butter
- 2 – 250g pkgs of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (20g) custard powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups (165g) powdered sugar
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whipping cream
- Line a 9×9″ square baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Toss together the first 5 ingredients, then add in the melted butter and stir until mixture is moist. Press onto prepared baking pan and place in freezer.
- Combine all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth and spread on top of cookie crust. Place back into freezer.
- Melt the chocolate and whipping cream over a double broiler. Pour overtop of filling. Spread to cover evenly and chill in the refrigerator until chocolate is set. Cut into 12 or 16 pieces.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: Canadian
Keywords: nanaimo bar recipe, nanaimo cheesecake bars