These morning glory muffins are a perfect choice if you’re looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast option. Packed with nutritious ingredients, they’re a great way to start your day.
- 2 cups (260g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (200g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk or orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 1 large)
- 1 cup grated apple (about 1 large)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweet or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a large bowl, toss together the whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Break apart any clumps of brown sugar in the mixture with your fingers.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, milk or orange juice, and vanilla extract. Stir in the carrots, apple, coconut, raisins, and nuts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Using a large muffin scoop or tablespoon, fill each muffin cup almost full.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: morning glory muffins recipe