Mini Pumpkin Pies
These individual mini pumpkin pies are creamy and perfectly flavored with pumpkin and spices. They are super easy to make and even easier to serve.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 14
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box store-bought double pie crust
- 1-15oz can pumpkin puree
- 1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425F and set aside two muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and pumpkin spice until smooth. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll the pastry crust to 12″ in diameter. Cut out seven 4″ circles. Fit the pastry circles into the muffin cups. Repeat with the second pastry crust. Reserve the scraps to make pie crust cookies if desired.
- Fill each pastry cup almost to the top with the pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F. Reduce the oven temperature to 350F and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. The filling will puff up during baking and settle back down once cooled.
- While the mini pies are baking, re-roll the scraps and cut out some holiday shapes for decoration.
- Once the mini pies are done. Let cool completely in pan. See notes on how to best remove from pan.
- Bake the cookies at 400F for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- To make the whipped cream: Beat the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until soft-medium peaks.
- When ready to serve, top each pie with some whipped cream and a cut-out cookie.
The best way to remove the mini pies from the pan is to place a cooling rack (upside down) on top and flip the pan over. Then individually flip each pie right side up.
Keywords: mini pumpkin pies, pumpkin tartlets