This rich and dense chocolate cake has an alluring warm and gooey chocolate center that flows like lava when you break into the cake.
- 4 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ cup (114g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp (50g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425F. Generously grease 4 custard cups or ramekins.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt together the chocolate and butter on HIGH for 1 minute. Whisk together until completely melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar, then eggs and vanilla. Lastly, stir in the flour and salt until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 4 baking cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are firm and set, but the center is still soft.
- Let the cakes stand for about 2 minutes before carefully running a knife along the edge of the ramekin and releasing the cake gently onto a plate.
- Serve with some fresh strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy warm.
To make in advance: Bake just until the edges are set, then re-heat in the microwave for 30-60 seconds to warm up before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate lava cake recipe, easy lava cake recipe, chocolate molten cake recipe