The distinct flavor of roasted black sesame seeds and rich-buttery shortbread make these cookies absolutely sensational!
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (60g) powdered sugar, plus more for dusting
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) roasted black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt.
- Add in the flour and continue to mix until the dough just starts to form. Mix in the sesame seeds until combined.
- Dust your rolling pin and countertop with powdered sugar. Roll out the dough to about 1/2cm thick. Use a 3cm round cookie cutter to cut out the cookies and place a dozen cookies on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American, Chinese
Keywords: black sesame shortbread cookie recipe, black sesame cookies, easy shortbread cookies