These fresh strawberry cupcakes are made from scratch with real strawberries and topped with a creamy strawberry buttercream.
- 1 1/2 cups (188g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (62ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (166g) finely chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (100g) seedless pure strawberry jam
- 3 cups (375g) powdered sugar
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce the mixer to low and add the egg, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Add the milk, mixing until just combined. Add the remaining flour and mix again until just combined. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting
For the frosting:
- Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter and jam until well combined and smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time. Mix well after last cup. Frost as desired.
Leftover cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry cupcake recipe, strawberry buttercream recipe, fresh strawberry, from scratch