These thick and soft sugar cookies are nice and chewy with the perfect amount of sweetness. This quick and easy recipe requires no chilling, you just make and bake!
- 1 cup (227g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and two line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scoop out cookie dough using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon. Roll rounded dough in sugar.
- Place on baking sheet, about 2″ apart. If adding sprinkles; make an indent with your finger and add a pinch of sprinkles. Flatten slightly using the bottom of a dry measuring cup.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until edges just start to brown.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookie recipe, soft sugar cookies, best sugar cookies