Best Tasting Soft Sugar Cookies
These thick and soft sugar cookies are nice and chewy with the perfect amount of sweetness. This quick and easy recipe requires no chilling, you just make and bake!
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: about 28 cookies
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (227g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups (320g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and two line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract; beat until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scoop out cookie dough using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon. Roll rounded dough in sugar.
- Place on baking sheet, about 2″ apart. If adding sprinkles; make an indent with your finger and add a pinch of sprinkles. Flatten slightly using the bottom of a dry measuring cup.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until edges just start to brown.
Keywords: sugar cookie recipe, soft sugar cookies, best sugar cookies