These flavorful banana oatmeal cookies smell and taste like your favorite banana bread in the form of a cookie. They bake up soft and chewy and stay moist for days!
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (240g) mashed ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (180g) quick rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and egg until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Then add in the rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir everthing together until just combined.
- Cover and let the batter rest in the fridge for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350F and line 3 baking sheets with parchement paper or silicone baking mat.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie dough 2″ apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
To freeze – Place the cookies in a single layer on a cookie sheet until frozen solid. Transfer the cookies into a ziplock bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
See above in post for more expert tips and FAQs.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana oatmeal cookie recipe, banana cookie recipe, breakfast cookie recipe