The texture of these cookies is soft and chewy, not cakey. They have a delicate pumpkin taste with a hint of pumpkin spice, and a creamy-chocolatey finish.
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (170g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until no lumps remain. Whisk in the pumpkin puree and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Chilling is a must or the batter will be too sticky to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Take the batter out of the fridge. Scoop out the dough using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon. Roll into a ball and place onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten with the palm of your hands (see picture above).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie if desired. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4-5 days.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, soft pumpkin cookies