This easy no-bake cheesecake is creamy and velvety-smooth. It’s delightfully light and tangy with a buttery graham cracker crust. This no-bake cheesecake sets up nice and firm and is made without gelatin or sweetened condensed milk.
- 2 cups (220g) honey graham cracker crumbs*
- 6 tbsp (90ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature (Philadelphia brand is best)
- 1 cup (125g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Greek yogurt**
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
Optional whipped cream on top
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whipping cream, cold
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8–10 whole strawberries
- Spray the botton and sides of a 9″ springform pam with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the honey graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together until all is moistened. Press the mixture FIRMLY into the bottom and 1″ up the sides of the springform pan. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, beat the whipping cream with the 1/4 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup powdered sugar together until smooth. Add in the Greek yogurt, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix again until smooth.
- Mix the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture on low speed. Then give a final few stirs by hand using a rubber spatula until both mixtures are completely combined.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared crust. Spread the filling and smooth the surface using an offset spatula. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight.
Optional whipped cream topping
- Beat all the ingredients together until stiff peaks and pipe along the edges of the cheesecake using a Wilton 1M. Decorate with strawberries and sprinkles if desired.
To store – Tightly wrap or place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
To freeze – Once the cheesecake has set in the fridge, remove the outer rim of the springform pan. Then double wrap the cheesecake along with the bottom of the pan in saran wrap and a layer of aluminum foil. Label and date and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
- Firmly press the crust -Make sure to press the crust as firmly as you can into the bottom and sides of the pan so that the crust does not crumble when you slice and serve.
- Beat the whipping cream to stiff peaks – Take the time to beat the whipping cream to stiff peaks. This is the most important factor and what makes this cheesecake thick enough to hold up beautifully when cut into.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth – When combining the cream cheese with the other ingredients, make sure to beat until smooth. If there are any lumps in the mixture, you’ll end up with a lumpy cheesecake.
- Chill overnight – The cheesecake is set after being chilled for 4 hours, but is much studier and makes for cleaner slices after being chilled overnight, which also makes this a great make-ahead dessert.
*Honey graham cracker crumbs – You can use regular graham cracker crumbs and add 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar to make up for the honey. However, any kind of crispy cookie would work like digestive biscuits, vanilla wafers or speculoos. You can also use Oreo cookie crumbs if you prefer the chocolate flavor.
**Greek yogurt – You can substitute with any kind of thick plain or vanilla yogurt like Icelandic or Balkan style or even full-fat sour cream.
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no-bake cheesecake recipe, easy no-bake cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake without gelatin