This heavenly matcha green tea pudding is silky-smooth with a vibrant herbal grassy taste. The flavor is balanced with a sweet creamy white chocolate topping.
- 1/2 cup (125ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (88g) good-quality white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli brand)
- 2 tbsp (12g) matcha green tea powder, sifted
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 packet (1 tbsp) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
- Melt the white chocolate and whipping cream together over a double boiler until completely melted and smooth. Set aside to cool while preparing the pudding.
- Whisk together the milk, matcha powder, sugar and gelatin in a small saucepan. Over medium heat bring to a simmer, whisking constantly until everything is melted.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve and whisk in the whipping cream. Pour into 4 ramekins or small bowls.
- Place both the pudding and white chocolate cream in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Whip the white chocolate cream until medium-stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon on top of pudding before serving.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Japanese
Keywords: green tea pudding recipe, matcha pudding recipe, white chocolate whipped cream