These soft and chewy kitchen sink cookies are loaded with goodies like chocolate, butterscotch, potato chips, and pretzels for a perfect sweet and salty treat.
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/4 cups (285g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus more for topping if desired)
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips or toffee bits(plus more for topping if desired)
- 1/2 cup crushed plain potato chips(plus more for topping if desired)
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels (plus more for topping if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until almost combined.
- Add in all your mix-ins and stir until just combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough (about the size of a golf ball) and place it 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press a few more add-ins on top of each cookie if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned (the centers will appear soft but will set upon cooling). Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: kitchen sink cookies, kitchen sink cookie recipe