This tender, flaky, melt-in-your-mouth pie crust is made with just 4 simple ingredients and only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 3/4 cup (188ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (83ml) milk plus 1–2 tbsp extra if needed (any kind, dairy or non-dairy works)
- Sift the flour twice, then whisk in the salt and create a little well.
- Pour in the oil, then milk and stir everything together. If the dough seems too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of milk.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Divide into two parts. Roll the dough out in between 2 sheets of wax paper. Remove the top sheet of wax paper. Use the bottom sheet to lift and flip the dough onto the pie plate and on top of the filling.
- Trim and seal edges. Cut some slits for ventilation.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425F for 15 minutes, then bake at 375F until the crust is golden and filling is cooked. Usually about another 30-45 minutes.
- Add 1-2 more tablespoons of milk if you find that your dough is too dry to come together when you are mixing it in the bowl.
- Moisten your hands with oil if you find that the dough is not coming together when you are trying to knead it into a ball.
- If the dough cracks at any time when you are trying to fit it into your pie plate or on top of your pie, just pinch and seal to patch it up.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oil pie crust, easy pie crust recipe, flaky pie crust