These incredibly easy-to-make coconut macaroons are hard to resist. They are sweet, chewy, and dipped in chocolate to make them extra special.
- 1 bag (14oz) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup (4oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the unsweetened shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla until all is moistened.
- Use a cookie scoop or two spoons and drop rounded mounds of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets about 1″ apart. You should be able to fit 12-15 cookies on each baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Let cool completely on baking sheets.
- If dipping in chocolate, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until all is melted. Dip the bottoms of the coconut macaroons, wiping the excess chocolate on the edge of the bowl, and place back onto the parchment paper.
- Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
Coconut macaroons can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut macaroon recipe, easy coconut macaroons, 3-ingredient coconut macaroons