Chocolate and peanut butter are a classic flavor combination that just can’t be beat. These chocolate peanut butter cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with peanut butter chips!
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Dutch-processed)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag (270g-300g) peanut butter chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined. The mixture might be a little lumpy, but it will come together once you add the dry ingredients.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until just combined. The batter will be thick. Fold in the peanut butter chips, reserving 1/4 cup for topping.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded balls of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the center is almost set. I like to take mine out at 8 minutes for soft brownie-like cookies. Top with the remaining peanut butter chips while the cookies are still warm. Let cool on the baking sheets.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter chip cookies