A soft and fluffy muffin loaded with fresh, juicy cherries and mini chocolate chips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1 & 1/4 cups low-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh cherries, diced small (you can also use frozen)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 12 cup muffin tray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sugar and honey. Whisk in the melted butter, blend well. Then mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Toss the cherries and chocolate chips in the dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. Gently fold together until JUST combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then turn the oven heat down to 350°F and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Enjoy warm.
Muffins are best enjoyed the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cherry chocolate chip muffin recipe, cherry muffin recipe, low-fat fruit muffin recipe