This beef stroganoff makes for a delicious and satisfying meal. It’s packed with soft and tender pieces of beef, and juicy button mushrooms in a rich and tangy meat sauce.
- ¼ cup of flour
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp worchester sauce
- 3 cups fresh button mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp cornstarch (mixed with 2–3 tbsp of water)
- egg noodles or rice to serve with
- In a large ziplock bag, toss togther flour, salt and pepper and stew meat until evenly coated.
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté setting and add butter. Add beef and cook for about 3-5 minutes until beef is browned on each side. Scoop out the beef and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add beef broth and worchester sauce. De-glaze the bottom of the pot by scraping all the brown bits off. Add beef back in.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Select the “Meat/Stew” setting on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 30 minutes. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the sealing position. Meanwhile, prepare noodles or rice.
- When done, quick release the pressure valve, open up the lid carefully, and add mushrooms, sour cream, mustard, and cornstarch slurry.
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute on low temp. Stir and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve with noodles or rice.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: dinner
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beef stroganoff recipe, instant pot recipe, pressure cooker meal