This easy apple cinnamon cake is soft, moist and loaded with apples. It’s sprinkled with a delicious cinnamon-sugar topping and has only 5 ingredients!
- 6 oz (~3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 oz (~1&1/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1lb (~3 cups) sweet baking apples (peeled, cored and cut into small chunks)**
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400F and grease a 9″ round cake pan or pie plate.
- Beat the eggs and sugar using an electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes (or until pale in color).
- Sift in the flour and gently stir with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped apples and transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tbsp of granulated sugar and the 1 tsp of cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of the cake.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 400F. Then lower the temp to 350F and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool to just warm or room temperature. Enjoy as is or serve with vanilla ice cream, frozen custard or sweetened whipped cream.
This cake is best served the day of, but you can store it covered up at room temperature for a day or in the fridge for up to 2 days.
**A sweet variety that holds its shape when baked is best. My favorite sweet baking apples are Royal Gala, Ambrosia, Honey Crisp, and Golden Delicious.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy apple cake, fresh apple cake, apple cinnamon cake