This apple bundt cake is moist, loaded with apples and spice, and topped with a heavenly maple glaze.
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1–1/2 cups (190g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp maple extract**(see notes)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk or water
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a bundt cake pan well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the flour, apple pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until almost combined. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the chopped apples until just combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting the cake onto a cooling rack.
- Once the cake is completely cooled. Whisk together the powdered sugar, maple extract, and 1 tablespoon of milk/water at a time until you reach a thick but pourable consistency. Slowly pour over the cooled cake.
Leftovers can be stored tightly covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
**If you don’t have or can’t find maple extract, you can use maple syrup instead of milk or water, but the flavor won’t be as pronounced.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cake recipe, apple bundt cake