Apple & Smoked Gouda Beer Bread (video)
This savoury beer bread pairs the classic flavors of apple and cheese.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 1 - 9x5" loaf
- Category: side, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (11g) baking powder
- 1&1/2 tsp (6g) salt
- 1–355ml (12oz) can of beer (I used an apple lager)
- 1 cup (75g) grated smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup (125g) apple, diced small (I used Ambrosia, but any sweet variety would work)
- 1 tbsp salted butter plus more for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350F and generously butter a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Slowly pour in the bear and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the apples and cheese. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Melt the 1 tbsp of butter and brush over top of the bread. Serve immediately.
Leftovers can be stored wrapped up in the refrigerator, sliced and reheated in the toaster before serving.
Keywords: beer bread recipe, apple beer bread, cheese beer bread