This icebox cake is cool and refreshing with its layers of softened graham crackers, luscious cream filling and fresh berries.
- 1 box (400g) graham crackers
- 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 pkgs (102g each or 3.4oz each) instant vanilla pudding mix (see notes*)
- 2 & 1/2 cups (625ml) cold milk
- 3/4 cup (188ml) heavy cream
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- In a medium bowl and using an electric mixer; beat the heavy cream until stiff. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and the dry pudding mix until combined. Gradually beat in the milk until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread a thin layer of the cream mixture onto the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish. Layer the graham crackers on top. Spread 1/3 of the cream onto the crackers. Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the cream.
- Repeat with another layer of crackers, cream, and half of the strawberries.
- Repeat with a final layer of crackers and the remaining cream. Decorate with the rest of the berries. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
*The vanilla pudding mix gives the cream filling a slight yellow tinge. If you want the cake to be pure white, you can use white chocolate pudding mix or add an extra layer of whipped cream or cool whip on top before adding the final layer of berries.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: icebox cake, 4th of July dessert, no-bake 4th of July dessert