These white chocolate cranberry cookies are soft and chewy. They are loaded with creamy white chocolate, tangy dried cranberries, and the fresh taste of orange zest.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (10ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (10ml) orange zest
- 3/4 cup (100g) dried cranberries (plus more for topping)
- 3/4 cup (130g) white chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined. Then fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie dough 2″ apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Add a few extra cranberries on top of each cookie dough if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just start to brown. Remove from the oven and add a few extra chocolate chips if desired. Let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Leftover cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
To freeze – Place the cookies in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw on the counter for 1-2 hours or overnight to bring them to room temperature before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white chocolate cranberry cookie recipe, cranberry orange cookies, chewy cranberry cookies, soft white chocolate cookies