Ultimate Cherry Cheesecake
This is a silky smooth cheesecake topped sky-high with gorgeous red plump cherries.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1&1/4 cup (145g) honey graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45g) melted butter
- 2–250g pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups (750g) sour cream (light or full-fat, not fat-free)
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 5 cups (1&1/2 lbs) frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 (60ml) cup water
- 1 tbsp (15ml) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5mL) almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mix the cracker crumbs and melted butter together in a small bowl. Press onto the bottom of a 9″ springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. Blend in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Gently pour over crust.
- Bake for 1&1/4 – 1&1/2 hour or until the edges is set and 2-3″ of the center is still wobbly.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cherries, sugar and 3 tbsp of the water until heated through. Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining 1 tbsp of water. Stir in the cornstarch and almond extract until sauce thickens. Let cool completely. Spoon over cheesecake before serving.
This cheesecake is best made a day in advance. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
**Mar 31st/16 – I made some changes to the recipe based upon repeat of this cheesecake for better results.
Keywords: cherry cheesecake recipe, best cherry cheesecake, cherry sauce recipe