Triple Chocolate Muffins
These are moist and fluffy sour cream chocolate muffins with dark and white chocolate chips.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: makes 16 muffins
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle
- 2 large eggs
- 1 & 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line 2 muffin pans with 16 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together to combine and stir in chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and sour cream, then pour into the dry mixture. Stir gently until just combined. Batter will be thick.
- Using a large cookie/muffin scoop or 2 tablespoons, divide the batter evenly between the 16 liners. Top with a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Keywords: triple chocolate muffin recipe, easy chocolate muffin recipe