Moist vanilla sponge cake soaked with espresso in the middle and topped with the most luxurious mascarpone cream makes these tiramisu cupcakes highly irresistible.
- 1⅓ cups (185 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (114 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) freshly brewed espresso (or 1/2 cup hot water mixed with 2 tbsp espresso powder/instant coffee granules)
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur (optional)
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy cream
- 3/4 cup (170g) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa powder for dusting
- 12 whole coffee beans for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in the vanilla.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture. Mix in the milk. Stir in the remaining flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the paper liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack.
- Poke some holes with a small fork in the center top of the cupcakes and slowly spoon in 3 teaspoons of syrup into each cupcake allowing it to soak in.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream to soft peaks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in the whipped cream and continue mixing until combined.
- Transfer the mascarpone mixture into a piping bag fitted with a tip of choice and pipe a good amount of frosting on top of each cupcake. Dust with cocoa powder and top with coffee beans (if using) before serving.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tiramisu cupcake recipe