This chocolate mousse is soft, fluffy and just light as air when you eat it. The taste is sweet, creamy, very chocolatey and just heaven in your mouth.
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) whipping cream
- 2 cups (100g) mini marshmallows
- sweetened whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Heat the chocolate, half the cream and the marshmallows in a dry, heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring until completely melted and smooth (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Beat remaining cream to soft peaks and fold through chocolate mixture.
- Pour into glasses or bowls and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with some sweetened whipped cream, sprinkles and/or chocolate shavings before serving if desired.
- Category: dessert
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate mousse recipe, easy chocolate mousse