This scrumptious sweet potato pie is rich and creamy with warm notes of vanilla and spice. It’s topped with toasted marshmallows for a classic pairing and fun treat!
- one refrigerated store-bought pie crust
- 15oz can canned sweet potato
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 12 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325F and position a rack in the lower third of the oven. Line a 9″ pie plate with the pie crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweet potato puree, sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and spices. Add the eggs and milk, and whisk again until smooth. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Place the pie on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the lower third of the oven for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Before serving, cut the marshmallows in half and arrange them in the center of the pie.
- Cover the edge of the pie with strips of aluminum foil or a pie shield. Broil for 1-2 minutes to toast the marshmallows. Slice using a buttered sharp knife to help cut through the sticky marshmallows.
Leftover pie can be covered and stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Keywords: easy sweet potato pie, sweet potato pie recipe