This scrumptious and effortless Swedish apple pie is made with tender apple slices sweetened with molasses and baked under a crunchy oatmeal topping.
- 4 cups apple, peeled, cored and sliced ¼” thick (about 4–5 apples)
- 3 tbsp Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (85g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (65g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (60g) chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 or 10” deep dish pie plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the apple slices, molasses and cinnamon until evenly coated. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- In the same bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients until combined. Spoon the batter evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the top is golden brown.
Serve warm, room temperature, or cold with a dollop of whipped cream, warm vanilla cream sauce, or a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
Leftovers can be tightly cover with saran wrap or transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
To make in advance – Prepare the whole pie, cover, and refrigerate up to one day in advance. When ready to bake, bring the pie to room temperature by placing it on the counter for 1 hour, then bake as instructed.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Swedish apple pie recipe, Swedish apple oatmeal pie