This easy pumpkin pie recipe is made with just 4 ingredients. It’s creamy-delicious, flavorful, and looks completely homemade!
- 1 can (540ml) pumpkin pie mix (not pumpkin puree) **see notes below
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 single refrigerated pie crust
Whipped cream topping (optional):
- rest of the whipping cream cartoon
- 2 tbsp of granulated or powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425F and set aside a 9″ pie plate.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin pie mix, cream, and eggs until smooth. Set aside.
- Fit the crust into the pie plate and crimp the edges. Pour in the pie filling mixture.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Keeping the pie in the oven, reduce the oven temp to 350F and bake for another 50-60 minutes until the center is almost set. Cover the edge with aluminum foil if it starts to brown too quickly ( I covered mine after 45 minutes). Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Beat the whipping cream and sugar together until medium-stiff peaks. Pipe along the edge of the pie or serve alongside. Dust with cinnamon if desired.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
**E.D. Smith’s brand of pumpkin pie mix (540 ml) makes one pie. Libby’s brand of pumpkin pie mix (30 oz) makes two shallow pies or one 4″ deep dish pie. Follow the instructions on the label. Whipping/heavy cream can be used instead of evaporated milk in the filling. This way you can use the rest of the carton to make whipped cream for topping the pie.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy pumpkin pie recipe