This strawberry bread is soft, moist, and packed with chunks of strawberries in every bite! It’s easy to make and so tasty, it will leave you in pure strawberry bliss.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (sour cream or buttermilk works too)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil (or any neutral-tasting oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups diced strawberries, plus 2 sliced strawberries for topping (optional)
- 1 tbsp flour for coating the diced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5″ loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, yogurt, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- In a small bowl, gently toss the diced strawberries in some flour to coat. Fold the coated strawberries into the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top with more strawberries if desired.
- Bake for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5 days. Best served at room temperature.
Keywords: strawberry bread recipe