Soft Baked M&M Cookies with Quinoa Flakes
Soft and chewy, with crunchy m&m’s, creamy white chocolate, and quinoa flakes – all in a cookie!
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 & 1/2 dozen
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes (or quick oats)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup m&m’s
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (minis or reg)
- Melt butter in the microwave in a medium glass bowl for about 20-30 seconds, just until melted but not hot. Let cool for about a minute.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, quinoa flakes, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk the melted butter with the sugars until there are no lumps. Add the eggs and vanilla, whisk again until evenly mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and using a rubber/wooden spatula, mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and about 3/4 cup of the m&m’s
- Using a medium cookie scoop or 2 tablespoons, drop rounded cookie mounds onto a tray, cover and refrigerate for 2-24hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325°F, place cookie doughs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or silicone baking mat. Bake for about 10 minutes or just until the edges start to brown.
- Gently press in a few more m&m’s on each cookie. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Keywords: m&m cookie recipe, soft baked chocolate chip cookies, quinoa cookie recipe