These delectable oatmeal cookies are loaded with sweet butterscotch chips and have a hint of cinnamon spice.
- 1 1/4 cups (155g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (1g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (115g) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (280g) quick oats
- 1 2/3 cups (300g/11oz pkg.) butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, then stir in the oats and chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie doughs onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake one sheet at a time for about 8-10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- The cookies will be soft and look slightly undercooked in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal scotchie recipe, oatmeal butterscotch cookies, soft and chewy oatmeal cookies