These small-batch chocolate chip cookies are soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips!
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups (156) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus more for topping
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Then whisk in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth and glossy.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until almost combined.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips. Cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 325F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie dough 2″ apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Top each cookie dough with a few more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the center is almost set. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Unsalted butter – You can use salted butter and just skip the salt.
- Brown sugar – You can use light or dark, or granulated sugar if that’s all you have. Brown sugar is preferred because it’s more flavorful.
- Egg – Can be substituted with a flax egg (mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of warm water and let the mixture stand for one minute before using) or a baking powder-oil solution (combine 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and 2 teaspoons baking powder).
- Chocolate chips – Can be substituted with M&M chocolates or chocolate chunks.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: small batch chocolate chip cookies, half batch chocolate chip cookies, chewy chocolate chip cookies