This incredible crisp is made with a sweet and tart rhubarb filling and it’s topped with a crunchy oat and brown sugar streusel.
- Author: Lily Ernst
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups (500g) rhubarb, cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the filling: toss together the rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl until all the rhubarb is thoroughly coated. Transfer into an 8×8″ baking dish.
- To prepare the topping: mix together the flour, rolled oats and brown sugar. Pour in the melted butter and mix until all is moistened. Using your hands, break up the streusel into bite-size pieces and sprinkle evenly over top of the filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Serve warm or cold with some sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream if desired.
Keywords: rhubarb crisp, rhubarb recipe, rhubarb pie