This pumpkin spice coffee cake is incredibly moist and tender. It’s bursting with pumpkin flavor and pumpkin spice.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup (250g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup (42g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (or cinnamon)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 10″ tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dry streusel ingredients. Stir in the butter until all is moistened. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between. Scrape the bottom of the bowl as needed. Mix in the pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Batter will be thick. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Break up the streusel into small pieces and sprinkle over top of the batter.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If preparing in a bundt pan, add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar to the batter (so a total of 1 1/2 cups sugar) and skip the streusel. Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.
You can make this cake the night before or the morning of the day you plan to serve it. Leftovers can be stored wrapped up at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cake recipe, pumpkin spice cake, pumpkin coffee cake