Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins (video)
These supremely soft and moist muffins have a bold pumpkin and spice flavor, and are topped with a crunchy sweet sugar coating.
- Author: Little Sweet Baker
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1&3/4 cups (220g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 2 tsp (4g) pumpkin spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1/2 tsp nutmeg)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5g) salt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1&1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1&1/2 cups (367g) pure pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60g) regular or Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp (12g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (1g) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir the butter and sugar together. Then add the pumpkin puree, eggs, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Divide batter into the 12 muffins cups.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then reduce the temp to 350F and bake for another 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Keywords: pumpkin muffin recipe, pumpkin spice muffins, cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins