These made-from-scratch baked pumpkin donuts are soft, moist and fluffy with a delightful cinnamon-sugar coating.
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (365g) canned pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg & 1/2 tsp ginger)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups minus 2 tbp (8oz) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease two standard size donut pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the donut batter ingredients except the flour until smooth.
- Add in the flour and stir just until smooth again.
- Using a large muffin scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill the wells of the prepared baking pans about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool enough to handle.
- Toss the sugar and cinnamon in a medium ziplock bag. While the donuts are still warm, gently shake them in the sugar mixture to coat. Place them on a wire rack to cool or enjoy warm. See notes.
Because these donuts are quite moist, it’s best to coat them just before serving or at most a couple of hours before.
Store leftover donuts at room temperature on a cooling rack. Cover the donuts with a large tupperware container or sheet of wax paper. You want to shelter them, yet still allowing for air circulation.
- Category: dessert, breakfast
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin donut recipe, baked pumpkin donut recipe, pumpkin spice donuts, cinnamon sugar pumpkin donuts