These beautiful and easy-to-make pumpkin cupcakes are moist and fluffy and topped with the most amazing cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- 1 & 1/3 cups (165g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 cup (245g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (half stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz (half block) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 & 1/2 cups (190g) powdered sugar, sifted
Please note that this recipe makes just enough frosting for 12 cupcakes. You can double the recipe if you want a more generous amount of frosting on each cupcake.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, leavening agents, spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Evenly spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool while preparing the frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and beat until combined.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes and frost cupcakes as desired.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin cupcake recipe, cream cheese frosting for cupcakes