This Pumpkin Coffee Cake is the perfect autumn treat to satisfy your pumpkin cravings. With its warm spices and delightful streusel topping, it’s a comforting dessert that you’ll want to bake again and again.
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp ginger)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegetable oil
- 1 & ½ cups (300g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) sour cream
- 15oz can (1 & 3/4 cups) canned pumpkin puree
- 1 & 1/3 cups (166g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×13″ pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, sour cream, and pumpkin puree.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Set aside.
- Using the same medium bowl, toss together the flour, sugar, and spice for the streusel. Mix in the melted butter with a fork until combined and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely in the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with the milk or cream until smooth and drizzle over cake before serving.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or in the fridge for up to a week.
Keywords: pumpkin coffee cake