These moist and dense pumpkin bars are loaded with pumpkin spice flavor and topped with a luscious cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (250g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line a 9×13″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, sugars, and pumpkin puree.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth and spread on cooled cake. Cut into 24 squares (approximately 2×2″ each).
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin bar recipe, cream cheese frosting