This tropical treat features a tender and crumbly coconut shortbread crust topped with a smooth refreshing pineapple mango custard.
- 3/4 cup (86g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (25g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (57g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (50g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125ml) mango juice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and line a 8×8″ square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Toss the flour and sugar together. Use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly. Stir in the shredded coconut and press FIRMLY onto the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the fruit juices, sugar, eggs and salt. Sift in the flour, whisk again and gently pour over hot crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325F and bake for 25 minutes or until custard is set. Cool for 1 hour and chill in the fridge for atleast 1 hour before cutting into squares.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pineapple bar recipe, mango bar recipe, tropical fruit coconut bars