This classic pecan pie recipe is rich and sinfully sweet. It’s packed with flavors of caramelized pecans, molasses and vanilla.
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour, twice sifted
- ½ tsp (2.5g) salt
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (62ml) milk
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (250ml) light or dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
- 1&1/2 cups (170g) pecans (chopped or halves)
Chocolate whipped cream
- 1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F and arrange a rack in the lower third of the oven. Set aside a 9″ pie plate.
- Sift the flour twice, then whisk in the salt and create a well in the center.
- Pour in the oil, then milk and stir everything together. If the dough seems too dry, add 1-2 tbsp of milk.
- Once the dough starts to form, finish working it by gently kneading it on a sheet of wax paper.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of wax paper. Fit the crust onto your pie plate and finish edges with a spoon.
- Whisk together the sugar, butter, corn syrup, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the pecan to coat and pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center reaches 200F. You can also test by lightly tapping the center surface of the pie – it should spring back when done. Loosely cover the pie with foil after 40 minutes to prevent the crust from over browning. Let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
To prepare the whipped cream
- Beat the whipping cream, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar together until med-stiff peaks. Serve with each slice of pie.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pecan pie recipe, easy pecan pie, chocolate whipped cream recipe