This easy pear crisp is topped with a crunchy oatmeal topping. It’s spiced with cinnamon and ginger, making it a delicious and comforting fall dessert.
- 5 cups (about 5-6) fresh pears (peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4″ thick)
- 2–4 tbsp granulated sugar (depending on how sweet your pears are)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cups (70g) rolled oats
- ¾ cups (94 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (80g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ⅓ cup (76g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a 9″ glass or ceramic baking dish, toss pears with sugar and ground cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, and ground ginger. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture is all moistened.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly on top of the pears.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the pears are tender and bubbling.
Leftovers can be covered with foil or plastic wrap and stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Make-ahead instructions: You can prepare the filling and topping separately, up to a day in advance, store it in the fridge, then assemble and bake before you want to serve it. You can bake it in the morning and serve it in the evening. You can also bake it and store it in the fridge up to a day in advance and just warm it up before serving.
Freezing instructions: Let the crisp cool completely, then cover it with a double layer of foil. Store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then warm in a 350F oven for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pear crisp recipe, easy pear crisp