This is a delicious sour cream coffee cake, topped with a velvety cream cheese mousse and sweet fragrant peaches.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 3 peaches, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9×13″ baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg, then sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Blend in half of the flour mixture until somewhat incorporated.
- Add in the rest of the flour mixture, blend and scrap down the sides as needed until just combined. Batter will be super thick.
- Spoon onto prepared baking pan and spread out as evenly as possible. Set aside.
- To prepare the topping. Clean the mixing bowl and switch to the whisk attachment.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar until blended. Whisk in the egg white and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over cake batter and place sliced peaches on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until edges are nice and brown. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Cake can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
You can also substitute the peaches for strawberries if you prefer strawberries and cream. Enjoy!
- Category: dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach coffee cake recipe, peaches and cream cake, sour cream coffee cake