This delicious peach crisp is made with juicy, ripe peaches baked until tender and topped with a crunchy oat brown sugar streusel.
- 5 cups peaches (peel, pitted, and sliced from about 5–6 peaches)
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (45g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (114g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9″ round ceramic or glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced peaches, granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg (if using) until combined. Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, rolled oats, and brown sugar. Pour in the melted butter and stir until all is moistened. Break up the mixture into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle over top of the peach filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned on top and bubbling around the edges. Let cool and serve as is or with some whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Leftovers can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can use fresh, frozen or canned peaches with this recipe.
Fresh – follow the recipe as instructed.
Frozen – thaw and drain.
Canned – drain well and reduce the sugar if the fruit is already sweetened.
- Category: dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach crisp recipe