This fresh peach cake is moist and fluffy and filled with tender chunks of fresh peaches in every bite.
- 1-1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup (135g) plus 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, storebought or homemade (*see notes for homemade instructions)
- 3 cups diced peaches (no need to peel)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9″ springform pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, 2/3 cup sugar, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Then fold in the peaches.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, refrigerate the cake for up to 5 days.
*To make homemade buttermilk – Add 1 tsp of vinegar or lemon juice to a measuring cup and fill it with milk of choice to make 1/2 cup. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
Keywords: peach cake recipe