These simple oatmeal cookies are soft and chewy with crispy outer edges. They have warm notes of brown sugar and a hint of cinnamon spice.
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups (192g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups (270g) quick rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat again until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in the oats by hand with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Roll the dough into rounded golfball-sized balls (about 2 tablespoons each) and place about 2 1/2″ apart, so you’ll only get about 8 or 9 cookies on each baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your hands.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges just start to turn golden brown and center still looks moist. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal cookie recipe, easy oatmeal cookies, chewy oatmeal cookies