These oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are soft, moist, and fluffy. They have crispy muffins tops, a hint of warm cinnamon spice, and they are loaded with chocolate chips.
- 1 & 1/4 cups (105g) quick rolled oats
- 2/3 cups (165ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (175g) chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the rolled oats and milk. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F, line your muffin pan with paper liners, and gather your other ingredients.
- Whisk in the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using), salt, and chocolate chips. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with some more rolled oats and top with a few more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-5 days at room temperature.
To freeze – Place the completely cooled muffins in a freezer-friendly container or ziplock bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and warm up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip muffin recipe, oatmeal chocolate chip muffins