These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are crispy on the edges, soft in the middle, and loaded with chocolate chips. They are a perfect mix of decadent chocolate chip cookies and wholesome oatmeal cookies.
- 1 1/4 cups (155g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (1g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (115g) packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (270g) quick oats
- 1–12oz bag (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until mixed.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, then stir in the oats and chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded cookie doughs onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake one sheet at a time for about 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- The cookies will be soft and look slightly undercooked in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Category: dessert, snack
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe